Re: Perl on Cygwin

"Cappellozza, Cesar A" wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I'd like to know if is there any kind of Perl port for Cygwin. I
> need to compile GTK, but it requires Perl.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cesar.

the cygwin homepage and list of ported software
(http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/ported.html), and the related sites
page (http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/links.html). I just announced a
precompiled perl two days ago on the mailing list.

ftp://belgarion.resnet.gatech.edu/pub/cygwin/B20/perl/
or
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/Distribution/Binary/?item=perl

The build that is available at my site (belgarion) right now is a
statically linked version including the DBI-1.07 module, and the latest
mSQL module. In a few days I will be releasing a dynamically linked,
pre-compiled perl binary.

The QUB group used to provide a precompiled binary of perl, but they
stopped updating it last year, and it was for B19. It has been removed from
their web server as of 8 Apr 99.

--Chuck