Re: FULL.EXE "Not enough disk space"

In article <926798690.218300.0@egcs.cygnus.com>, Steve Morris
<sjm@judgement.com> writes

>>After installing msg : not enough disk space??
>
>Check permissions.
? - this is win/dos
>If there is plenty of space there is a write or
>open error somewhere that is confusing full.exe into thinking there is
>not enough disk space. There is no concept of "forcing". full.exe is

By forcing i mean making full.exe install inspite of the errors, i
should explain that full manages to unpack the .pkg file to the temp dir
but then fails before it installs any files. ie it doesn't fill up the
disk and then fail

>getting a legitimate error and can't continue. It doesn't check
>available space and report the error. That's not what the error means.
>It is g etting an error when trying to create a file and is giving a
>confusing error message to the screen.
>
>As I recall cygwin full distribution needs around 55 meg free.
>
>The trick with full.exe is to have faith that it works. Failure almost
>certainly means something different about your system. Don't get lost
>worrying about bugs in full.exe. Literally thousands of people have
Depending on your definition of bugs, it could be argued the confusing
error message is a bug
>installed it with nary a problem not related to the system it was
>installed on or corrupting the code with a bad download. This code is
>stable and well tested. There must be something unique about your
>system; nail it down and you will likely solve the problem.

yes, i havent seen this problem in any of the lists so its likely to be
a problem with full's interaction with my system.
...I just wanted a quick fix so I could get up and running

--
Lee Morgan