Re: "sed" bug?

On 17 Jun 1999 at 9:46AM (-0700) itz@lbin.com wrote:

> Is ash supposed to be a full implementation os the POSIX shell?

Not yet. On some platforms ash is in the process of being changed to
conform with the POSIX.2 specification.

> If not, you'll always run into scripts that are hash-banged with
> #!/bin/sh but contain constructs ash won't understand.

I've read that many Linux packages provide scripts hash-banged with
"#!/bin/sh" that depend on "bashisms"... as if bash was some sort of
standard.  That would present problems not only for ash but for any
POSIX shell as well.

-glenn

--
 )      Glenn Spell <glenn@gs.fay.nc.us>      )   _       _____