Re: Problems with libtiff!

> "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" wrote:
>
> > that is where the problem is, at least i noticed.
>
> glad to see that I'm not alone...
>
> > if you unmount the disk then binary mount it
> >
> > umount /
> > mount -b c: /
> >

> For now, I do not know what this command sequence does
> but I will try to verify this and examine if the created
> headers are ok.

This command sequence will unmount your C:\ drive, which is text! mounted by
default
and then binary mount it.

> > That's what I meant that someone needs to port Tiff properly the
precompiled
> > binaries available
> > from Cygwin users have the above mentioned problems.  I have tried
almost
> > all the precompiled
> > Tiff binaries available on net from different porters and all of them
have
> > this problem.
>
> I wonder now why this is not mentioned in the mailing list archives?
> Maybe libtiff does work on their computers?

I do not know about thier *computers*.  Maybe they are using the binary
mounted disks.
The prefered way of having a text! mounted disk.

I know a few other users who have complain about the similar problems to me
via
personal comunications.  So, it is not you or me only, i guess a lot of
other Cygwin users.

Suhaib