Re: NTEmacs problem

Hi,
For running shell Emacs uses shell-file-name and
explicit-shell-file-name
variables. In my ~/.emacs I have:

(setq shell-file-name "bash.exe")
(setq explicit-shell-file-name shell-file-name)
(setq explicit-sh-args '("-login" "-i"))
(setq shell-command-switch "-c")
(setq archive-zip-use-pkzip nil)
(setenv "SHELL" "/bin/bash")
(setq comint-process-echoes nil)
(setq w32-quote-process-args ?\")
(setq process-coding-system-alist
      (cons '("bash" . raw-text-unix)
	    process-coding-system-alist))
(setq process-coding-system-alist
      (cons '("gdb" . raw-text-unix)
	    process-coding-system-alist))

And it works ok.
Emacs runs ~/.emacs on startup - if HOME variable set in Emacs
environment.
(You can check it M-: (getenv "HOME") RET )

Emacs usually tries to auto detect EOL conversion but you have a few
ways to
customize this behavior - check Emacs mauls and FAQ - and this has
nothing
with cygwin.

such
questions.