Re: Problems with libtiff!

   Sender: cygwin-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com
   Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:14:08 -0400
   From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi, Ph.D." <ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com>

   >  This is caused by lazy porting.  Lazy porting is relying in the
   > default processing mode for a file.  CAUTION: If you change to
   > binary mounts you will need to remove all \r characters from the
   > line endings of all scripts.

   That is why I do not like binary mounts.

But this is a development problem, not a usage one.  Yes, developers
and porters should be much more careful about their f?open() calls.
But where users are concerned, I find it hard to use text mounts (and
recommend them to other users) when even the most important program of
them all (bash) is not yet binary/text clean.

--
Ian Zimmerman
Lightbinders, Inc.