optimization

Hi.  Can someone tell me how well the code generated by borland c++builder,
microsoft visual c++, and metrowerks codewarrior (and any other windows
compilers) compares to the code generated by egcs-1.1.2 with respect to
floating point performance (my main development platform is windows).  I'm
in the process of writing some statistical tools for image analysis.  My
data are in floating point and I will mainly be conducting matrix algebra
type operations.  I'm trying to pick the compiler which will produce the
fastest,  most efficient code.  Thanks.

Reza