Re: B20.1: expect: spawn -open doesn't work

Volker,

I tried your suggestion (I think), but I still get the same failure.  Here's
what I did (I'm a cygwin newbie):

I obtained sources from the "latest" section (I assume that's B20.1).

I configured with a new install directory (to make sure I wouldn't use
libraries from my binary distribution):

configure --prefix=/testinstall -v

I changed tcl/win/Makefile:
#TCL_DEFINES = -D__WIN32__ $(DEBUGDEFINES)
TCL_DEFINES = $(DEBUGDEFINES)

I compiled tcl and installed it in the new install directory.

I put my new install/bin directory first in the PATH env var (to make sure
I wouldn't load the dll from my binary distribution).

I compiled expect.  I verified that the -L options pointed to the right place.

I changed the TCL_LIBRARY env var to point to the new install directory.

I ran the newly compiled expect.

I got:

expect1.1> spawn -open [open /dev/com1]
spawn [open ...]