Re: Memory Violation With Windres and Shared Data Segments

>I believe the only difference is that it has the "SHARED" bit set in
>the section attributes, in addition to the usual initialized data,
>read-write, etc flags.
>
>Can someone send me a testcase so I can see if my local changes fix this
>or not? If it's obvious already, I know nothing about these shared
>segments.
>
>Regards,
>Mumit

Thank you for your help, Mumit, Chris, and Anders.  I will try to experiment
around with the information that you guys have provided, and I shall reply
back if I find any favorable results.

In case you are wondering why I'm doing this, I am writing a shell
replacement for Explorer for our lab at school, and one of the
implementation details involves creating a global hook using
SetWindowsHookEx().  Unfortunately, the requirements for having such a hook
involve having a shared data segment in a DLL, so that is the dilema that I
am presently trying to solve.

Mumit, I am not aware of the proper procedures for submitting code, so
forgive me if my approach is mistaken.  During the process of developing
this shell, I noticed that the following notification messages for the
appbar were not in shellapi.h

#define ABN_STATECHANGE    0x0000000
#define ABN_POSCHANGED     0x0000001
#define ABN_FULLSCREENAPP  0x0000002
#define ABN_WINDOWARRANGE  0x0000003

Please feel free to add them to the headers at your convenience.  Meanwhile,
I thank you once again, and I shall get busy on my coding.

Cheers,
Harold Weissfield