linking to libbfd [fix]

[OK, I found the Subject in the cygwin mailing list archives,
but no way to reply so as to insure a link.  I'll use the
same Subject, so that at least the Index will give a clue.]

(cygwin b20.1 on WinNT 4.0 +SP3)
Todd_Manchester@nmss.com reports that using "-lbfd" gives
undefined externals dcgettext__ and _nl_msg_cat_cntr.
I also see these from the simple testcase

=====testcase file buglibbfd.c
#include <bfd.h>
main()
{
	bfd *abfd = bfd_openr("foo.o", "pe-i386");
}
=====command
gcc -o bug1 buglibbfd.c -lbfd -liberty
=====fix
gcc -o bug1 buglibbfd.c -lbfd -liberty -lintl
=====

and the problem is that the b20-1 release of cygwin
does not have libintl.a as a separate installed component.
Get the source and build it yourself.

--
John Reiser, jreiser@teleport.com