Re: Cygwin, NT and Nutcracker

Jens Reimann <reim@pe-muc.de> writes:

> no no .... I'm using nutcracker to port my applications to NT, so I'm have
> a developer setup with all the includes, libs, dll, etc.
>
> the idea behind that is, since cygwin does not support all unix system call
> which I need, I use Nutcracker which provides all these functions. But
> since I don't want to use MSVC++ as compiler I take gcc/egcs

Then why are you posting to Cygwin mailing list? This is a forum for
Cygwin issues (and Mingw since Cygwin does include Mingw and these
two share quite a bit of common tools), and not a general forum to
discuss gcc/egcs for other win32 runtimes such as Nutcracker, UWIN,
Interix, etc. See http://gcc.gnu.org/ for various gcc related
mailing lists. You'll probably looking for a gcc port to Nutcracker, and
I'm sure the vendor will provide more information if that is avaiable
or not.

> the problem is (as described) that nutcracker(MSVC) und gcc both define the
> iobs in a different way. So when I compile with gcc und link with gcc
> Nutcracker can not find the MSVC iobs, when I compile with gcc und link
> with the nutcracker libs, gcc does not find its iobs (which are defined for
> each thread)

GCC does not define iob in any way. GCC is a compiler, and does not come
with a C runtime. Nutcracker provides the runtime, and iob, or its
equivalent, will be defined by Nutcracker. You'll probably need to use
Nutcracker GCC port, or use Cygwin gcc without installing any of the
runtime (or overriding it somehow).

Regards,
Mumit