Re: Possibilities for ext2fs

RE: Possibilities for ext2fs>I have installed the .rar system and have the
ext2 file system mounted at
>bootup.  Mine uses drive F: as the drive it is on.
>I have noticed there is a problem when using Cygwin and referring to this
>drive.  I am using cygwin-b20.1 (ts=12-30-1998).  The problem is that the
sizes
>listed with "ls -l" for normal files is always 0.  For directories the
sizes are
>always multiples of 1024 bytes.
>The sizes show properly in CMD.EXE and in explorer, so AFAIK Cygwin is not
>using the size info properly.  Possible bug that is fixed in a later
snapshot?

I think it's interesting that you think the prob is with cygwin.  My guess
is
that the driver isn't handling the ascii and unicode calls properly and that
nt calls findfirstfileW and cygwin calls filefirstfileA.

BlueCoder
bluecoder@rocketmail.com
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.