SSHD 1.2.27

Hello everybody,
I'm trying to install sshd1 (v. 1.2.27) and I experience some problems

1. I can start SSHD1 like a service only in debug mode (-d) otherwise
service can't be started becuose "The system could not find the environment option
that was entered".

2. Password verification takes a while - is it OK?

3. if I start f.e. vi in my ssh session than ssh just hangs.

Does someone know what is the problems?
--
Alexei Galkine
e-mail: Alexei.Galkine@sonycom.com