Re: BUG: open() O_ flags one bit too high

Chris,

> >> System O_CREAT (octal) O_CREAT (hex)
> >> ----------------------------------------------------
> >> Cygwin 01000 0x200
> >> Digital UNIX 01000 0x200
> >> FreeBSD 01000 0x200
> >> Irix 00400 0x100
> >> Linux 00100 0x040
> >> SCO UNIX 3.2 00400 0x100
> >> Solaris 00400 0x100
> >> Ultrix 01000 0x200
> >>
> >> What was the bug again?
>
> If you are using the open in cygwin then it open() will correctly use
> O_CREAT.  It would be inconceivable that this could be wrong.  If it
> was, then hundreds of applications would not work.
>
> If you're using cygwin headers in a non-cygwin (aka mingw) application,
> then, um, that's wrong.  You should be using another set of headers.
> I'm sure that someone will coment on this and let you know which they
> should be.

Yeah really strange.

One more idea: we are linking MOLDNAME lib, couldn't that be a problem.
BTW we are including <mingw32/share.h> and <fcntl.h>, so the flags should
be OK, but it seems that the open() function is executed from the MFC DLL
which uses different flag values.

Victor Szel