Corss platform Compiler problems

Hi,
        This is a quick question,
Is there any reason why my code would
work with cygwin (using Mumit's compile of gcc2.95)
and not with a older verison egcs 1.0.3, or
even with the newest 2.95.1.
I have compiled the code on Cygwin and it works fine
I then compile the code using either of the two compiler mentioned
and I get a buss error with older one and segmentation fault
with 2.95.1

Any Ideas ?????
(I don't see why it should be my code??)

Cheers
Satpal