RE: patch(1) can't patch files

Yes, I observed that too, with patch.exe.  Also when applying large patches
, say 3 to 10 MB, patch.exe (from Cygwin and MingW32) did core dump.

However, you can grap a patch.exe from my URL
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Forum/6298

I modified the code, and compiled it with Microsoft Visual C++ (MSVC 6.0)
The modified code is included in the archive (Patch.zip).

Suhaib