This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: can I use STL in src/winsup ?
- To: stmax at pigeonpoint dot com
- Subject: Re: can I use STL in src/winsup ?
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:58:38 -0400
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- References: <37EBD225.2F9E7FC3@pigeonpoint.com>
> I have looked through src/winsup. Nobody uses STL there. Is it a special
> agreement not to use STL there? Can I start using it?
Please don't. We've had cases in the past of STL changing out from
under us (in subtle ways) and breaking winsup builds. I'd prefer if
you stuck to code local to cygwin and well-defined ansi/posix function
Also, adding STL means that STL has to be built as part of the winsup
snapshots, and it currently isn't. We'd have to add all of STL (and
possibly other C++ libraries) to the snapshot builds and sources if
you use it.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com