This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ld or gcc failing?
- To: "cygwin cygwin" <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: ld or gcc failing?
- From: "Michael K. Elwood" <mkelwood at qsicorp dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:36:10 -0600
- References: <NBBBLJDKHPIDCALEEHBCKEPJDBAA.email@example.com>
- Reply-To: "Michael K. Elwood" <mkelwood at qsicorp dot com>
> I have the following problem:
> I compiled many C modules, and I'm using `ld' to build a '.a' library file
> and it fails with the following error:
> rm -f Dobj3.a
> ld -r -o Dobj3.a do243d.o re247d.o in245d.o bo251d.o ch249d.o po253d.o
ar is the correct tool for creating libraries (archives). ld won't do what
you want here. Don't forget to run ranlib on your library when you are done
creating it (if you want it to be indexed.) Hope this helps.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org