Re: PATH conversion bug

--- Kai Henningsen <kai@cats.ms> wrote:
> The following PATH sequence:
>
> 		;W:.;Z:.;Y:.;X:.;
>
> which is typical for drives mapped by the Netware client, gets
> converted into the following cygwin PATH sequence:
>
> 		://W.://Z.://Y.://X.:
>
> This is a bug and doesn't work.

Not a cygwin bug!!

> I don't know if this is a general problem with converting relative path
> entries.
>
> Anyway, the result is long pauses during every PATH search,
> presumably while the machine is looking for network hosts named
> "W." and so on.

Most likely correct.

To solve/workaround this problem, modify the PATH in the ~/.bashrc file to be
what it should be.  NOTE: The smaller the PATH the faster cygwin will be.

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)