Re: X11R6.4 for Cygwin Release v1.0? (And thanks)

> On Sun, Oct 24, 1999 at 09:44:29AM -0700, Brian Kasper wrote:
> >Chris Faylor wrote:
> >I have to assume the STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error is due to
> >some incompatibility between the B20 DLL's or libraries and
> >those from the 1.0 release -- the program experiencing the
> >error compiles and runs without error using
>
> There's an incredibly easy way to tell -- run the program under
> gdb.  There's no reason to assume anything.

Yes run gdb, please

> >In short, I get an error-free link with code that I trust pretty
> >well, and it dies due to an S_A_V error every time I run it under
> >release 1.0.  Not to appear argumentative, Chris, but I'm not sure
> >your statement "if it links, you're ok" is 100% true.

linking does not mean 100% program will run.

Have you tried cygwin-xfree-ss-dev.tar.gz .  I believe it is at
http://siddiqi.webjump.com or
www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Forum/6298

> I guess we'll never know if you are unwilling to actually debug the
> problem.
>
> Sadly, since there is no more data than "It doesn't work" I guess
> I can guarantee that you'll experience the same problem when
> the next release comes out in a few weeks.

I have report from a user that cyywin-xfree-ss-dev.tar.gz, which are
precompiled x11r6.4 libs and SGI GLX from XFRee86 4.0 work with Cygwi 1.0.
Please give it a try.

Suhaib