Re: Editors

This is interestign actually.  When I first installed cygwin, i noticed
there was no vi.  So i figured it would be my first test of the product,
so i grabbed the source code for vim that was used for one of our
solaris
boxes, untarred and made it.  all worked fine, not a problem, except for
one strange thing - at the bottom of the screen it always says "OOPS".
Buggered if I know why.
Then i installed inetd and stuff, telnetted into the box and tried to
vi something - nothing happened.  it was as if it froze. I hit control-c
and i got a prompt back, but was confused. then i discovered that the
environment was different for remote users, and was being pointed at
the vi that comes with the NT Resourrce Kit.  Dodgy! :)  Can only
work locally.  Anyway, that's my two cents :)

--
                                   (__)
                                   (oo)