Re: Bug report -- gcc-2.95

> From: Mark Schoenberg <mark@lpb.niams.nih.gov>
>
>      Mumit Khan's port of gcc-2.95 for Cygwin failed to compile the following
> simple subroutine with the command "gcc -v -O2 -mno-cygwin -c mdate.c -o
> mdate.o".
>
> #include <sys/time.h>
> char *mdate()
> {
>
>   time_t ts;
>   char *ntime, *ctime(), buf[100];
>   int ni;
>
>   time(&ts);
>   ntime = ctime(&ts);
>   strcpy(buf,ntime);
>   ni= strlen(buf);
>   buf[ni-1] = '\0';
>   strcpy(ntime,buf);
>   return (ntime);
> }
>
> mdate.c: In function `mdate':
> mdate.c:5: `time_t' undeclared (first use in this function)

For POSIX and C compliance you should be including <time.h> rather
than <sys/time.h>. I don't know if this will fix your problem, but
it will give you stronger grounds for complaint if it doesn't.

Just as an aside: ctime() is declared in <time.h> so would be better
not declared here; you should also be including <string.h>; and it
seems a waste of effort to copy from and to ntime!