Huge binary size!

Hi,

I have Cygwin b20 and I always get binaries of about 300 kb...
but this time it has reached over the limit to 7 mb!

The C++ program uses iostream and fstream libraries.
strip would make it 6.6 mb...

The program won't compile with VC Compiler 6.00 :-)
complains at write() and read() where Cygwin doesn't
and works great too! (but binary size 7mb makes the program
useless)

Any ideas?

Thank you!

P.S. I am not on the list, please CC a mail copy my mailbox,
that would be very kind!