Re: cygwin on 95 slower than NT

> Hi!
> Iam using cygwin shell on NT and 95. On windows 95 the shell scripts are
> considerably slow. Like it take 1-2 seconds for each command. Is this
> natural?. Is there any parameter to be adjusted in the DOS Shell. Iam a
> shell maniac I badly need a fast shell on Win95.
> Could you help?.

In Win95, 98 MS has slowed down the output to the console using the
conagent.dll. At least when the screen size is kept a the default of 25x80
characters. This is a known issue of the conagent.dll.
The only option to avoid this is to set the screen size to other values than
25x80 or to switch to NT which does not have these problems.

Cheers, Alex