Open Files

A long time ago (10th May), I sent in a query regarding the number of open
files an application may have. It seems that after about 32 open files,
strange things start to happen. memory corruptions, bits of one open file
appearing in another, etc.

I had a reply from Mumit informing me that the problem had been isolated and
fixed in the development sources, and be available on the next release.

Does that mean I could download/compile the latest development snapshot, and
the fix would be available?

Regards,
Ian Collins