Re: telnetd with latest snapshots? (Solved)

Arrrggghhh! I should know better....

I had ^M's in my passwd file (binary mounts). I don't know how they got
there, but vim is "smart" enough not to show them; so I had no idea they
were present. Once I removed them, everything worked fine. It was not
necessary to use the 19991210 snapshot (I'm still using the 19991124
version). gdb helped me realize that it was "login.exe" that was failing
to execute "/bin/bash^M".  Thanks, all, for the suggestions.

Now if only I could find that brown paper bag I keep for just these
sorts of emergencies...

--Chuck