Re: Problem with Java and stdout in newest snapshot

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Dr. Schroeder, Klaus wrote:

> Using the newest snapshot cygwin1-20000108.dll in my Java JNI
> application solved my problem with segmentation faults in function
> ioctl.
>
> But now I'm running into a new problem:As soon, as the jni-dll is loaded
> from my Java-Program, the Java standard output (System.out.println) does
> no longer work. This bug does not appear with the originalB20.1
> cygwin.dll.

This is a "tty" issue as far as I can tell. There may be two ways to solve
or work around it:

- set CYGWIN=notty before starting the shell where you start Java from.
- start it from a windows command shell

Does that make the stdout/err show up? Note that if you write to stdout
or stderr from the JNI itself, it should show up fine (as well be able
to read from it starting from either the snapshot you have or the one
just after that).

I'll try it out this evening and see if I can understand what's going on.

Regards,
Mumit