Re: [ANN] PW32 the (alternative) Posix-over-Win32 layer 0.3.0 released

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 06:14:08PM -0500, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
>At 02:16 PM 3/13/00, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
>>Thanks, Earnie.  It seems that Free Software really have problems, and
>>vendor patents are not the biggest of them.  Remember one of the latest
>>Freshmeat editorials where Linux community was compared with guys
>>kicking each other.  Lack of generalization...

I have no problem with comparative benchmarks (and I don't think that
cygwin will be a speed demon).  The theory is that these will actually
mention the program that is the focus of this mailing list.

I am not sure what is translating into problems in the Free Software
community.  Perhaps the original poster would like to provide more
detail about what he is referring to; specifically, with regards to
Cygwin, of course.

cgf