Re: missing prototypes in io.h

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Mumit Khan wrote:
>  /* Get access() prototype. */
>  #ifdef __MINGW32__
>  # include <io.h>
>  #elif HAVE_UNISTD_H
>  # include <unistd.h>
>  #else
>  # /* do something to declare access() on systems that lack unistd.h.
>  #endif

So you are suggesting I either; 1. compile the library with mingw32 or 2.
modify the library to include unistd.h and compile with non-mingw32?

In short, you are saying that I can not compile a Win32 library and/or
application using the non-mingw32 gcc.  Is this correct?  I was under the
assumption that the --no-cygwin32 was to disable linking in the UNIX
layer.  It was not intended to allow compiling Win32 source code without
modification.  The latter is what I am trying to do.

Let me know if this is the case, and I'll notify the library vendor.

--jc
--
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching@flex.com     wh6brr@uhm.ampr.org