problem running sshd - immediate logout

Hi,

I have run into a problem trying to get sshd going under NT server 4 with
the B20.1 version of cygwin plus coolview.  Ssh version is 1.1.26.  sshd
starts fine, but when I try to connect to it, it logs me out immediately.
It accepts my password and prints the user environment variables, but then
gives a message like

/bin/bash: Permission denied

and closes the connection, although the user I am trying to log in as has
r-x permission on bash.

sshd also reports an error trying to chmod /dev/tty2.

I have the CYGWIN environment variable set to tty.

I have tried searching the archive without any luck.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?  Is it worth buying the commercial version for better
documentation?

Thanks in advance,

Laura Thomson
laura@cs.rmit.edu.au