3 bugs

The middle key of the right keypad (labelled "5") does not deliver an
escape sequence to the application as it should in function key mode
(also known as keypad mode).

When I enter a ^C during an invocation of select(), it seems to interrupt
the call although the program disabled the SIGINTR-^C relationship by
the usual means (which works under Unix) and ^C as a normal character
works at other times in the same program under cygwin as well (this is
in raw input mode, for use in an editor).

My program could create a file "xy." (with a final dot) in the cygwin
environment using a link() call, but I could not manage by any means
to use, remove, or rename that file afterwards.