Re: PS1, gdb and other trubbels

Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 07:59:18PM +0200, Love wrote:
> >Does gdb handle windows threads ? It seams to recognize them, but
> >there is not backtrace and it gets really confused where function
> >frame start/end.
>
> gdb does support threads.  Did you try any of the thread commands?
> You are probably confused by the fact that the program may not be
> stopped on the main thread when you attach to it.  Try issuing the
> "thread 1" command before requesting a backtrace.

I did that info threads && thread N dance but that didn't work.

> ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/private/home/cgf/gdb.exe.bz2
>
> If someone wants to try this out and let the cygwin list know how it
> works that would be great.

Yeah, it works. Thanks.

> >I really want gdb so I started by download the gdb src tarball in the
> >latest/gdb directory, but there was no instruction in there how to
> >build it.  Where do I start to be able to find it ?
>
> I'm sorry, but you have a long road ahead of you if you are asking this
> question.

Ok, I'm just confused what is the layout the the lastest/* tree, but I
think I understand it now. I'm was just consfused that there wasn't a
configure in the top dir in lastest/gdb/gdb-20000415.tar.gz tar-ball.

> >A minor nit, there is no release notice on the website.
>
> Huh? There "New Cygwin Net Release" item on the web site.  DJ put it there
> before the announcement went out.

I mean the mail that DJ send to the mailing list.

I have another problem too. I have a program that crashes under cygwin
(works for many other) and I suspenct that the error is in cygwin1.dll
since that is what the debugger in VC claims the error is. Its refences 0x4
an get a "Application Error". gdb is just confused and can't do the
intresting stacktrace (see below). How do I make sure the error is in my
program and not cygwin1.dll ?

I can give you a tarboll with binaries that cause the error.

Love

[Switching to thread 608.0x460]
0x6104b0d8 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x6104b0d8 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x2000000