dejagnu

I cannot get dejagnu to work.  I have purchased and installed the 1.0 version, which includes a compiled version of Expect.

Expect appears to want to use DOS shell conventions instead of Bash shell conventions (most notably the path separator and intrinsic shell commands).

How can I get dejagnu (or Expect) to run under cygwin/the bash shell?

Sincerely
  Benjamin King
  LSI Logic