Various questions - docs, paths

o The FAQ and User's Guide seem to refer to B20 -- are there equivalent docs
  for the new 1.1.0, or does everything in the older docs still apply?

o What's the deal with these new "/cygdrive" path prefixes?

  ,----
  | bash-2.03$ type bash
  | bash is /cygdrive/h/cygnus/bin/bash
  `----

  They don't seem to appear in my mount table:

  ,----
  | bash-2.03$ mount
  | Device              Directory           Type         Flags
  | \\.\tape0:          /dev/st0            user         textmode
  | \\.\tape1:          /dev/st1            user         textmode
  | \\.\a:              /dev/fd0            user         textmode
  | \\.\b:              /dev/fd1            user         textmode
  | D:                  /                   user         textmode
  `----

o We have a Makefile that needs to pass the current directory to a (non-cygwin)
  program.  If we use $PWD, we get the /cygdrive style path, which the program
  doesn't grok.  Do I have use conditionally (our Makefile also runs on Linux)
  call cygpath to convert to Windows style paths in all places we invoke this
  program?

o Is there a way to tell cygwin to always use Windows style paths (with drive
  letters) rather than the "unix" paths that are only understood by other
  cygwin programs?

o I've seen people allude to a CYGWIN variable -- where is this documented?

Thanks,

    --- John