RE: How is textmode/binmode determined in Cygwin 1.1.0 net releas e fo r pipes?

--- David Bolen <db3l@fitlinxx.com> wrote:
> Appreciate the response - unfortunately, my issue was with the file
> descriptors from the pipe() system call, and not with the filesystem mount
> points (which as noted in my note I have already overridden the setup
> defaults and turned back to textmode).  And the pipe handles were actually
> being treated in textmode, rather than binary mode that I wanted :-)

Can you provide a test case for this that proves what you say.  Pipes are
supposed to be binary mode by default and can be overridden with nobinmode
option in the CYGWIN variable.

Could you try adding the binmode option to your CYGWIN variable to see if that
helps.

Cheers,

=====
---