Re: Lack of Cygwin contributors?

> As I understand it if I sell my code to some one to use on a Cygwin
> platform I pay Cygwin for a license.

A common misunderstanding.  Whether you charge a fee or not, and
whether you distribute source or not, are two completely separate
things.  You can "sell your code" and still distribute as free
software; this is what Cygnus does with GNUPro.  You can give it away
without source; this is charityware (shareware, without the fee
requirement).  You can sell it without source; this is proprietary
commercial software.  You can give it away as free software; this is
like our cygwin net releases.

The GPL doesn't care if you charge a fee for your software or not.  It
only cares that you guarantee certain freedoms to all recipients of
the software.