Problems running configure script

I'm having problems running configure for wget with the new Cygwin Net
release.  I didn't install all the tar.gz files, so my guess is I need to
install a package (or more) to get it working but I'm not sure which one.

Below is the ouput that I'm getting:

> ./configure
configuring for GNU Wget 1.5.3
checking host system type... i386-pc-cygwin32
./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... ./configure: cannot create temp file for
here document: Permission denied
no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... ./configure: cannot create
temp file for here document: Permission denied
no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

Regards,
Kam-Yung

--