weird keyboard behaviour

Under bash the keyboard has a strange behaviour.
My keyboard is a french one (azerty). The letter 's'
is not available : pressing the key does nothing
but a beep ! I've checked that the rest of the
keyboard works as expected; even 'S' (upper case S);
even accentued characters. This key 's' is at the same place on
a US keyboard (qwerty). In emacs 's' is available, and used
to be under B20.
It's embarassing since 'ls' is one of my favorite command :)

BTW :
Installation of this new version is really confusing, especially
for old B20 users.

Like many other people I've a lot of troubles with \r\n :
My / mount was binary and as a consequence bash did not work :
any command followed by return pressed did nothing : the
history showed : "command^M". Moving to text made the
return interpreted.

Below is my cygcheck -s (run under cmd.exe :)
C:\bin>cygcheck -s

Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Tue May 09 14:14:12 2000

WinNT Ver 5.0 build 2195

        /WINNT
        /WINNT/System32/Wbem

SysDir: C:\WINNT\System32
WinDir: C:\WINNT
HOME = `/home/lefevre'
Use `-r' to scan registry
a:  fd           N/A    N/A
c:  hd  NTFS    6000Mb  23% CP CS UN PA FC
d:  fd           N/A    N/A
e:  cd  CDFS     649Mb 100%    CS              JPLF-6
j:  net NTFS   52097Mb  94% CP CS UN PA FC     userJ
x:  net          N/A    N/A

C:    /        user    textmode

Found: .\bash.exe etc.
115k 1999/09/14 .\cygitcl30.dll etc.