Cygwin library

Hi,
We are planning to use and distribute The Cygwin API library in our
software. Our software is free but we do not have an open source right now.
We are planning to have open source for our product in near future (a few
weeks). What are our options. Could we use The Cygwin API library while we
are working on the open source issues? Any other suggestion?
Thanks,
Zia Sarkeshik
R&D Manager