Re: Problem building SSH

From: "Corinna Vinschen" <corinna@vinschen.de>

> Seems to be that the configure script can't find the path where
> you have openSSL installed. It checks for the following locations:
>
> $prefix  (== /usr/local by default)
> /usr
> /usr/local/openssl
> /usr/lib/openssl
> /usr/local/ssl
> /usr/lib/ssl
> /usr/local
> /usr/pkg
>
> by searching for the files
>
> include/openssl/crypto.h
>
> or
>
> include/ssl/crypto.h

That seems to be in
/usr/local/src/openssl-0.9.5/include/openssl/crypto.h

The /usr/local/src directory is where I normally build new packages.

> I have just installed on a clean system from the tarball on
> ftp.franken.de and I got the following

> checking for OpenSSL/SSLeay directory... /usr/local
> checking for RSAref library... no
> checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... yes
>
> so I assume you have perhaps installed into the wrong path.

I used the configure options specified in the readme for openssl:
./Configure --prefix=/usr/local CygWin32

--
Ross Smith <ross.s@ihug.co.nz> The Internet Group, Auckland, New Zealand