Troubles with gdbtk

I'm having troubles with gdbtk in that I can't get it to open (stat) a source
file.  It doesn't matter how I specify the path.  It is also getting some
strange signals and aborting.

I might add this is with the most recent snapshot, non-windowed displays the
source, I've even rebuilt it.  Nada, can no do.

With the 1.1.0 version of Cygwin it worked fine.  I'll try on my home PC
tonight just in case it's a setup problem.

Anybody else having problems?

TIA,

=====
---