Re: New sed in latest

Pierre.Humblet@eurecom.fr wrote:
> Thanks for the effort Corinna. Although I understand the
> reason isn't this pushing it too far? When working on a binary
> mounted system I would expect sed to work exactly as on Unix.
> Although perhaps rare, aren't there legitimate reasons to want
> to keep a \r at the end of a line? Sed is often used in fairly
> complicated fashions that may now be broken.

I don't think so. sed is a typical text tool and nearly
everyone expects sed working correct on text files and
you know what text files are under Windows.

> Also, does your change apply to piped stdin?

Yep.

> I would withdraw this comment if there was anything in the sed
> documentation to the effect that \r\n is equivalent to \n.

How shall this be? sed isn't developed for OSes with sick (IMHO)
difference between binary and text mode.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer