Re: Setup didn't update me to cygwin 1.1.2

Chris Faylor wrote:
> In other words, you did exactly what I warned against in my email announcing
> 1.1.2.  I mentioned that the '-u' option would not update a snapshot and
> cautioned people not to use it.  You used it.

You are correct (as you well knew).  I actually missed you e-mail announcing
1.1.2 and simply saw e-mails referring to 1.1.2 and thought - hey that may fix
whatever I have screwed up as it was mentioned it resolved a lot more of the
/r/n concerns which I knew I had some of.  Went back and found your email and
read it see the error of my ways - thanks for pointing me to my goof and I do
me that!

Further question though on this - if I now do this correctly (dare I??) Will
that then cause my cygcheck -s -r -v to show my cygwin is on 1.1.2 as opposed
to 1.1.1 as it now does?

> I don't see how this could have anything to do with cygwin.  It looks
> like you have to investigate header files and see what to include to
> get a declaration for InitCommonControls.

I didn't mean to imply it had anything to do with cygwin - other than it had
compiled on B20 and would not now compile on 1.1.1 and thought someone with
more knowledge than a newbie like me might have run up on it.  I was also
hoping someone could point me to the default mount points for B20 so I could
try to compile again under B20 to see if it would still compile there.

Thanks for your help and pointing me to me errors and I apologize for the
compile problem and any insinuation it was a cygwin problem.  I just thought
someone could help - anyone got any suggestions for where that question might
have been better asked?

Thanks again Chris.

Brian

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information solely for the use of the addressee.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of the message and its content is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify use immediately by telephone or e-mail.
Mailto:Administrator@FultonPaper.com

Thank you.