RE: Cygwin 1.1.2 and Windows 2000 - problems with Russian characters

Do you mean "Input locale state" icon? What do you mean under "Switch to
..."? I have never seen something like this.

And keep in mind, that icon displays state of _input_locale_ not
keyboard layout. E.g. I have here German input locale with English
keyboard layout. I need German for all these spellcheckers & Co to
recognize text as German - but I have US/Russian keyboard and never
memorized German keyboard layout.

So, if you just switch _keyboard_layout_ - I'm afraid, it is correct.

In any case, I'm working with Win2k for a half an year now, I have three
input locales defined (English, Russian and German) - and did not have
any problem so far.

Hmm ... may be Cygwin is confused by this fact, that I have three
locales ...?

-andrej