Re: Problem with cygwin-1.1.2 gawk-3.0.4 [Was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gawk-3.0.4]

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 01:27:33AM +0200, Christian Jönsson wrote:
>thanks for your reply.  Now, I've clean up a little, :), and attached
>are three tcl script files.  I have "tested" them under Red Hat Linux
>6.2/Intel tcl-8.0.5-35 and the do not generate any parse errors or
>unterminated strings.  They were run as tclsh test{1,2,3}.tcl (tehy did
>not exit but that's an other story.

Sorry.  You still have too many variables.  FYI, tcl/tk are only very
minimally cygwin-aware.  Maybe that's part of your problem.

If cygtclsh80 can't execute awk for some reason, that sort of indicates
a problem with your path.  That would be one thing to check.

Possibly running one of the tools at www.sysinternals.com will show
you what files are being run and may even show you command lines.

Or, you might be able to debug this with gdb.

I guess the bottom line is that I really think that you're going to have
to debug this yourself.

cgf