Re: arpa/nameser.h

On Sat, Jul 01, 2000 at 04:05:03PM -0500, Timothee Besset wrote:
>I'm trying to port a nice IRC client to cygwin, originally written on
>FreeBSD, works fine on every unixes I've tried (FreeBSD, linux, IRIX
>and solaris).
>
>But on cygwin it doesn't find the arpa/nameser.h header.  Is there a
>reason why this one is missing?  Is it replaced by another one?  What
>should I do to work around the problem?
>
>I found this thread in the archive:
>http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/2000-05/msg00676.html but it
>doesn't have any follow ups..

Most of the time when someone says "Why isn't this header available?"
the answer is pretty simple.  It just isn't there because no one has
contributed it.

The standard method for determining if another header has the needed
declarations would be to use "grep" to search for the declarations that
you are missing.

cgf