Re: what about 'Debian GNU/GygWin' ?

Andrea Mennucc1 wrote:

> hello  to all the CygWin developers.
>
> I am a regular GNU/Linux user.
>
> I have just met (and briefly used)
> the CygWin environment, and I am positively impressed.

Thanks.

> At this stage, I see an interesting perspective for CygWin:
> CygWin may indeed adhere to one of the main existing "packaging systems",
> like RedHat RPMs or Debian DEBs

One of our contributors is already working on a RPM release
system for Cygwin which will become our main distribution
method hopefully this year.

> I would suggest the latter, for these reasons

Uhmm, did you notice that Cygwin is a RedHat product?
IMHO, it's very unlikely that Cygwin will use other packaging
systems than RPM for that reason.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen