Re: Openssh port to cygwin

I have been using the b20 and Sergey's port of sshd with great success.
In my efforts to get openssh running on 1.1.2 I have noticed that the
net.exe command no longer runs the same way.  Instead of running inside
the shell (I am using bash) it spawns a separate console for the app.
This has the effect of making the output inaccessible from the remote
shell.

I have set CYGWIN to be:
CYGWIN='tty binmode title strip_title glob ntsec ntea'

I am running Win2K.  I see that the command "net user" spawns a new
shell, yet "net use" does not.  Have you run into this before?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
JJ Streicher-Bremer

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> norbert.bladt@usa.net wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone !
> >
> > Openssh on NT works very well, unless you are trying to
> > use /winnt/system32/cmd instead of /bin/sh or
> > unless you use real NT commands from the sh.
> >
> > In this case, no input / output redirection is possible,
> > neither on UNIX nor - once logged in - on NT.
> > Using "cygwin-enabled" GNU commands works fine, though.
> >
> > Now my questions are:
> > Is this the intended behaviour ?
> > If not what can be the reason or - with other words - do
> > just I see this behaviour or is it the same for everybody else ?
> >
> > We really want to execute NT commands like "net use" or
> > "net stop snmp", etc. from remote UNIX or NT host via ssh.
> > Is this a bad idea and if yes, why ?
> > Are there other WORKING solutions for that which are secure ?
>
> I'm using nt commands via ssh without problems as far as they
> are not GUI commands. CLI tools like `net' are working _mostly_
> fine. Some commands like `sc' sometimes have dubious problems
> with their output.
>
> Try setting the environment variable CYGWIN so that it contains
> `tty'. This might help.
>
> Corinna
>
> --
> Corinna Vinschen