Re: rxvt resources

Noel L Yap wrote:

> cwilson@ece.gatech.edu on 07/21/2000 12:56:32 PM
> >> When CYGWIN doesn't have "tty", rxvt will start an xterminal and only an
> >> xterminal.  When CYGWIN=tty, rxvt will start a DOS shell and and xterminal.
> >
> >Not mine. I've got CYGWIN=tty, and I start rxvt directly (without using
> >'run') and never get a DOS box. Check out
> >http://cygutils.netpedia.net/V1.1/rxvt-2.6.2/
> >
> >Now, that is an older version, but you should be able use the patches &
> >build instructions I've provided at cygutils, with a little elbow
> >grease, to build a working, no-DOS-box, rxvt-2.7.2.
>
> Sorry, I should've been more clear.  When I start rxvt from a Desktop shortcut,
> I get an extra DOS window.  The extra DOS window doesn't occur if CYGWIN doesn't
> have "tty".

Again, I say: I'm using rxvt-2.6.2. Compiled with cygwin. Running with
XWin32 as my XServer. CYGWIN='tty ntsec binmode'. I can double-click
rxvt.exe (/usr/local/bin/rxvt.exe == D:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\rxvt.exe)
and it pops up with no extra DOS window. I can create a shortcut to
rxvt.exe, and when I start rxvt.exe using that shortcut I do not get an
extra DOS window. I never ever ever get an extra DOS window. In fact, it
doesn't matter whether CYGWIN=tty or CYGWIN=notty.

--Chuck