two possible cygwin bugs

Yesterday I downloaded the latest cygwin and tried to build
gprolog-1.1.6 with it.

(1) I got a lot of errors from including <sys/cygwin.h>. Shouldn't
every system header file include any other system header files that it
needs, so that an application can include system headers in any order?
I edited /usr/include/sys/cygwin.h to include windows.h, windef.h,
winnt.h, sqltypes.h and ole.h after sys/types.h.

(2) A non-functional Pl2Wam/pl2wam.exe was produced. Under Cygwin it
said "Permession denied", I think, and from Windows I got a typical
Microsoft long-winded but uninformative message about it not being a
valid executable. The problem went away when I installed an older
binutils (binutils-19990818-2.tar.gz) on top of the latest stuff that
setup.exe had installed. I now seem to have a working gprolog.

Ask me if you want any further information, but if you want to know
what version of Windows I'm using you'll have to tell me how to find
out because I'm a Unix person really.

Edmund